Many times I have caught myself on the verge of complaining or after having my own “Complaint Fest” and then I realized that I have way more on my list to be thankful for. Here are some of the things that have made my list this year:
1. 5 years clean from Facebook addiction.
2. Elastic waist, spandex, and anything that stretches after a good meal.
3. Turkey that is not dry as a bone.
4. Vegetables that are not made with ham.
5. “A Christmas Story” that plays over and over and over again on TV.
6. Spending quality time with people who love you no matter what.
7. Failures. I have learned that being good at too many things can make you not appreciate the “falling and seeing how well you can get back up” moments.
8. Loses. In order to make room for other things then you have to lose stuff.
9. My relationship with God.
10. Surviving the temptation to resurrect the “old” me.
11. Friendships that are not from the dollar store. (People who only give you what they have left after they think about themselves).
12. Black Friday deals that start on Thursday and in the comfort of your laptop.
13. Tears. (It is the best detox out there).
14. Laughter. (It is needed to work off the extra carbs that I ate today).
15. Accepting that you are always a work in progress, a half-finished project in the works, and that you will never be perfect.
16. Relying on God. He will remove everything out of your life and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G until he drives that point home. Not that I know anything about that…Just kidding…
17. Last but not least…Cool Christians…The ones that are real and not judgmental. The ones who speak English and not “Christianese.” The ones who walk the walk (and not on water). There is nothing cooler than that. :-)